Name of Contest:
Ruby and the Many Faces
Type of Challenge: Team Challenge: Graphics
Due Date and Time: Wednesday, September 29, 4 AM UTC/GMT. countdown clock
How does this work?
1) Beneath this cut is a screencap. Because it is character week, the screencap will be of this week's character, Ruby.
2) Someone on your team will post this screencap to a post in your comm.
3) Someone will comment "Claimed" to the post and then make one and only one alteration to the screencap.
4) Alteration can be of any kind- resizing, cropping, adding texture, increasing contrast, cutting and pasting in other characters, changing the color, whatever you can think.
5) That person will then reply back to the team post with the new, altered screencap and a short statement of what they changed, eg: I turned Mary into a brunette!
6) Someone else will then reply to their comment with "Claimed" and make a different alteration.
7) They will then respond to the team post with the new, altered screencap and a short statement of what they changed, eg: I resized it/made it smaller!
1) You can make as many alterations as you like, but you can only make one at a time. You must wait for someone else to make an alteration before you make another alteration.
2) You may not undo a previous team member's work. For example: If someone makes it smaller, your alteration cannot be returning the screencap to its original size, or making it larger. You may, however, continue to make it smaller. If someone adds a texture, you may add another texture, but only if the previously still used texture is visible. If someone photoshops in Eric Kripke, your alteration may not be to remove Eric Kripke.
3) Your alteration must be obvious. Resizing the screencap by three pixels is not going to fly. This one is a bit relative, but if someone had to spend more than a couple seconds looking at your alteration to figure out what you did, then your alteration is not gonna fly.
4) As soon as the challenge closes, the team posts must become viewable to the public. Sam and I will find your final image, and post it to this comm for everyone to enjoy.
5) ETA: Some part of the original screencap must still be visible by the end. You can't just color the screencap completely white and randomly add in various pop culture icons. :)
Further Questions! To the comment thread in the post
-Each alteration will be worth one point.
-The team which makes the most alterations will earn a bonus 150 points.
-The team which has the highest rate of participation (which will be determined as a ratio of number of participants to members in a team) will earn a bonus 300 points.
-These two teams may be the same, but they may not be. If Uriel and Anna of Team Heaven made 700 alterations between the two of them and if Bobby, Rufus, and Ellen made 400 alterations between the three of them, then Team Heaven would earn the Most Alterations points, and Team Hunter the Best Participation points. However, if Meg, Ruby, Azazel, and Lilith made 900 alterations, Team Hell would get both Best Participation and Most Alteration Points.
And now, without further ado: The screencap beneath the cut!( Collapse )
Don't have photoshop, Microsoft paint, or some other graphics program on your computer? Still want to participate? Then have no fear!
Here's a handy-dandy list of online photo editors!